This recipe for root beer pork chops is the perfect meal to whip together after a long day when your brain and fried and all you want is a delicious meal and your favorite TV show. Root beer pork chops are super easy to make and save pretty well ensuring you’ve got an equally irresistible lunch the next day. Even better news? If you’re a Passanante’s Home Food Service customer you have the peace of mind that comes with knowing the pork you’re preparing is high quality, locally raised and corn and grain fed. No unsettling secrets about where your food is coming from!
- 4 Pork chops cut about 1 inch thick
- 3 Bottles of root beer
- 1 Cup beef stock
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire
- ½ Teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- ½ Teaspoon fresh cut rosemary
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine pork chops and two bottles of root beer in a large tupperware container and marinate in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hour.
- Remove pork chops from the marinade, pat dry with a paper towel and season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill the pork chops for about 3 minutes on each side before removing from the heat and allowing them to rest.
- In a saucepan combine the remaining bottle of root beer, beef stock, brown sugar, chipotle seasoning and Worcestershire.
- Simmer and reduce the sauce by about 75% until it is the consistency of syrup and add the fresh cut rosemary.
- Plate the pork chops and top with a few large spoonsful of the sauce. Serve these delicious chops with grilled asparagus, and a loaded baked potato, or next to a flavorful rice and steamed veggie medley.