Already?! How is that even possible? It was just New Years Eve and here we are planning for Valentine’s Day… and not to freak you out, but pressure’s on – they’re probably going to be posting pics of their dinner all over Facebook 🙂
No worries, we’ve scoured cookbooks and blogs to bring you some really solid options for your dinner menu. There’s something here for everyone so poke around and pick your poison!
BEEF – Caprese Steak
Prepare to go capr-azy over Caprese Steak courtesy of Delish. After all, at the end of the day it’s a juicy filet topped with a thick slice of cheese. If that doesn’t scream love we don’t know what does!
CHICKEN – Maple Roasted Chicken Quarters
If you’re looking for something sweet yet savory this recipe may be just the ticket. Pure maple syrup helps to almost caramelize the chicken skin and the veggies nestled underneath are anything but ordinary. This gem courtesy of Chocolate Moosey is one of those meals you just don’t forget. Like, ever.
PORK – Brown Butter Pork Chops with Apples & Onions
Yep. You read that right. Apples and Onions. May sound a little off, but these chops are spot ON. The only stipulation to this recipe from The Lucky Penny is that you really need a cast iron skillet to execute this one to it’s fullest potential. Don’t get hung up on the onion/apple combo we promise it’s better than it sounds!!!
LAMB – Lamb Chops with Mint Gremolata
This next one from Country Living sounds super fancy (see: pain in the butt), but we promise it isn’t! In fact, this Italian favorite requires just 5 ingredients. Pair it with some grilled veggies drizzled with Balsamic and voila – a delicious and ultra fancy-sounding Valentine’s Day dinner for two!
SEAFOOD – Spicy Lobster Pasta
Have a hankering for a little seafood with your sweetheart? Spice up your Valentine’s night with this surprisingly simple show stopper courtesy of Epicurious. This one’s a favorite for those who like it hot!
So… which one will you pick?! Post pictures of your Valentine’s dinner creations on our Facebook page – we’d love to try out some of your favorite recipes too!
If you’re expecting a full house this Easter, this incredibly easy 4-step recipe for Tasty Turkey Casserole is a great option for a no-fuss crowd pleaser. Set aside 5 minutes to prep 1 or 2 casseroles, toss in the refrigerator and enjoy more time with your family and less time hustling around the kitchen. This recipe is delicious any time of the day, but we think it makes a pretty great lunch option when served alongside your favorite cold pasta salad, warm rolls and fresh sweet tea.
- 4 Cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 Can cream of chicken soup
- 3 Cups herbed croutons
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 Can cream of mushroom soup
Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
- 2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley flakes
- 1-2 Drops tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/4 Tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/8 Tsp pepper
- Combine casserole ingredients in bowl and spoon into 9 x 13 baking dish. Pat smooth.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Combine Mushroom Sauce ingredients and spoon over casserole.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes. Makes 8-10 servings.
Passanante’s Home Food Service prides itself on delivering the highest quality organic veggies and meats and offer a 100% product guarantee. We have a USDA inspector on site, ensuring top quality and cleanliness, and are proud to report that in our 100 years of business we have NEVER issued a food recall. Interested in tasting the difference? Click here to request a Free Gourmet Food Sample.
Not completely sold on this recipe? Check out a few of our other favorite options:
Southern Fried Chicken
Ranch Pork Chop Casserole
There’s almost nothing better than coming home to a house filled with the irresistible aroma of a hot meal, which is why we absolutely love crockpot creations. This week we’re featuring a recipe for delicious crockpot Roasted Salsa Verde Chicken with homemade salsa verde. You can, of course, use your favorite store-bought salsa verde, but this recipe is simple and really makes the difference — we’re confident that once you try it you won’t go back. Just toss a few of your Passanante boneless chicken breasts in the crockpot and enjoy this tasty meal for days!
- 10 tomatillos, husk removed and washed
- 1-2 serrano peppers (1 serrano for medium, 2 for spicy)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, cut into fourths
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
1. Turn oven on broil.
2. Line a cooking sheet with foil. Place tomatillos, onion, and serrano pepper(s) on the cooking sheet. Place in oven and broil for 15-20 minutes, or until they are slightly charred and the tomatillos are very soft, squishy and oozing.
3. Add the roasted tomatillos, onions and serranos to a food processor with the lime juice, minced garlic and chopped cilantro. Puree. Serve immediately if you want it served warm, or place in a storage container and store for up to 1 week.
Crockpot Salsa Verde Chicken
Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Season with salt, pepper and cumin. Place 1/2 red onion, sliced, in bottom of crockpot. Layer seasoned chicken breasts on top of the onions. Stir together 1/2 cup of chicken broth and 1/2 cup homemade roasted salsa verde and pour salsa mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours then shred using two forks. Throw on top of a salad, make some tacos or stuff and roast a poblano pepper!
Passanante’s Top 5 Poultry Tips
1) When Storing: Refrigerate poultry promptly after purchasing. Keep it in the coldest part of our refrigerator for up to 2 days. Freeze poultry for longer storage and never leave poultry at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
2) When Freezing: You can freeze properly packaged uncooked poultry parts for up to six months and a whole bird for up to a year. Freeze cooked poultry dishes for four to six months, and never refreeze chicken that has been thawed.
3) When Thawing: The safest place to thaw poultry is the refrigerator. For faster thawing, place the wrapped package in a large bowl of cold water and allow it to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Change the water and repeat the process until thawed. Never leave frozen poultry on the counter to thaw.
4) When Frying: Canola oil provides a much milder taste when frying, and it contains healthier amounts of saturated and polyunsaturated fats. Do not cover the chicken once it has finished cooking because covering will cause the coating to lose its crispiness.
5) When Cooking: For many recipes you can substitute one cut of chicken for another. Just remember that bone-in chicken pieces require longer cooking times than boneless pieces.
At Passanante’s we are serious about delivering delicious foods to our customers, and the taste and quality of our meats are top priority. We don’t believe in grocery store lines, foods of unknown origin, or foods packed with bad-for-your-family chemicals – which is why we would LOVE to treat you to a free gourmet food sample.
Curious to know what people are saying about us? Head on over to our Facebook page
and find out why so many families across Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Colorado trust us with their food delivery needs!
With Valentine’s Day just days away it’s time to start finalizing your plans for that special someone. Whether you’re celebrating with your sweetheart for the 1st time or the 50th time it’s important to slow down and take the time to show how much you care.
Instead of going to a crowded restaurant and sharing your evening with hundreds of other patrons, why not stay in and prepare a gourmet meal together while sipping on a glass of your favorite wine? Go ahead and indulge in a quiet night in with your favorite person and delicious food – you won’t regret it.
Need a little help setting the menu for your romantic night in? Checkout a few of our favorite date night recipes below or head over to our blog, OrganicMeatsAndVeggies.com and browse our recipes by category.
Creamy Mushroom Asiago Chicken: Boasting gooey Parmesan and Asiago cheeses as well as tons of garlic, Mushroom Asiago Chicken is the perfect answer to any savory craving.
Veal Piccata: Enjoy this lemony Italian veal favorite with simple steamed green beans and mashed sweet potatoes.
Beef Filet with Red Wine Sauce: Served with crisp steamed asparagus, filet of beef with red wine sauce makes for a beautiful presentation and an irresistible meal.
Pan Seared Salmon: Pan-Seared Salmon with Arugula, Beets and Horseradish and Sour Cream offers a rich and earthy take on everyone’s favorite fresh water fish.
After you pick the perfect entree recipe don’t forget to pick up a bottle of wine that compliments the flavors. For more on how to select the right type of wine check out our post How to Pair Wine with Food.
Happy Valentine’s Day!