Mid-Week Independence Day Party? Yes, Please!
Looking for some new flavors to add to your 4th of July celebration menu? Look no further. These are our Top-4 Must-Try recipes for your upcoming Independence Day party. Fire up the grill, ’cause it’s gonna be a hot one!
Grilled Corn Salad with Tomato and Avocado
- Eat it with a fork, or dip into it with a tortilla chip. This creamy summer salad is sure to be a Independence Day favorite – so make plenty. With ingredients this good, who needs “moderation” anyway? (recipe)
Spicy Lime Shrimp Pineapple Skewers
- Nothing screams summer quite like pineapple, shrimp and skewers. This recipe from Aberdeen’s Kitchen has us chomping at the bit and we cannot wait to serve these up as a simple (and portable) option this 4th of July! (recipe)
Greek Turkey Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce and Greek Tomato Salad
- We all think of burgers and hotdogs when we think about a classic backyard cook-out, but this elevated approach to a turkey burger is everything that’s been missing in our lives! (recipe)
Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon and Honey Ricotta
- Every single word in this recipe name makes us hyper-salivate so we simply couldn’t leave it off our party menu! Juicy, sweet and savory – this is the perfect dessert for any backyard BBQ and even better – they take only minutes to make. (recipe)
With Thanksgiving just days away, we wanted to drop some holiday day menu inspiration in your inbox. We all have our favorite holiday recipes, but if you don’t mix it up every once in a while you’ll never know what you’re missing out on! Step away from your holiday routine and give one of these incredible recipes a try – we know you won’t regret it!
RECIPE: Brussels Sprouts Gratin
If you’re like us and love all things cheesy – this recipe for Brussels Sprouts Gratin courtesy of SkinnyTaste.com
is the ultimate Thanksgiving addition! Simple, gooey and delicious it checks every
box making it the perfect side dish for the entire family… kids included!
RECIPE: Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac ‘N Cheese
Mac ‘N Cheese may not necessarily be a classic Thanksgiving staple, but we’ve never met someone who was disappointed to hear it would be on the menu…
This recipe for Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac ‘N Cheese courtesy of CafeDelites.com
offers a sophisticated twist on an all-time favorite.
RECIPE: No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
This simple, smooth and silky No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake courtesy of TheRecipeRebel.com
offers a scrumptious twist on a dessert classic and tastes like fall!
Already?! How is that even possible? It was just New Years Eve and here we are planning for Valentine’s Day… and not to freak you out, but pressure’s on – they’re probably going to be posting pics of their dinner all over Facebook 🙂
No worries, we’ve scoured cookbooks and blogs to bring you some really solid options for your dinner menu. There’s something here for everyone so poke around and pick your poison!
BEEF – Caprese Steak
Prepare to go capr-azy over Caprese Steak courtesy of Delish. After all, at the end of the day it’s a juicy filet topped with a thick slice of cheese. If that doesn’t scream love we don’t know what does!
CHICKEN – Maple Roasted Chicken Quarters
If you’re looking for something sweet yet savory this recipe may be just the ticket. Pure maple syrup helps to almost caramelize the chicken skin and the veggies nestled underneath are anything but ordinary. This gem courtesy of Chocolate Moosey is one of those meals you just don’t forget. Like, ever.
PORK – Brown Butter Pork Chops with Apples & Onions
Yep. You read that right. Apples and Onions. May sound a little off, but these chops are spot ON. The only stipulation to this recipe from The Lucky Penny is that you really need a cast iron skillet to execute this one to it’s fullest potential. Don’t get hung up on the onion/apple combo we promise it’s better than it sounds!!!
LAMB – Lamb Chops with Mint Gremolata
This next one from Country Living sounds super fancy (see: pain in the butt), but we promise it isn’t! In fact, this Italian favorite requires just 5 ingredients. Pair it with some grilled veggies drizzled with Balsamic and voila – a delicious and ultra fancy-sounding Valentine’s Day dinner for two!
SEAFOOD – Spicy Lobster Pasta
Have a hankering for a little seafood with your sweetheart? Spice up your Valentine’s night with this surprisingly simple show stopper courtesy of Epicurious. This one’s a favorite for those who like it hot!
So… which one will you pick?! Post pictures of your Valentine’s dinner creations on our Facebook page – we’d love to try out some of your favorite recipes too!
If you’re expecting a full house this Easter, this incredibly easy 4-step recipe for Tasty Turkey Casserole is a great option for a no-fuss crowd pleaser. Set aside 5 minutes to prep 1 or 2 casseroles, toss in the refrigerator and enjoy more time with your family and less time hustling around the kitchen. This recipe is delicious any time of the day, but we think it makes a pretty great lunch option when served alongside your favorite cold pasta salad, warm rolls and fresh sweet tea.
- 4 Cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 Can cream of chicken soup
- 3 Cups herbed croutons
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 Can cream of mushroom soup
Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
- 2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley flakes
- 1-2 Drops tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/4 Tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/8 Tsp pepper
- Combine casserole ingredients in bowl and spoon into 9 x 13 baking dish. Pat smooth.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Combine Mushroom Sauce ingredients and spoon over casserole.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes. Makes 8-10 servings.
Passanante’s Home Food Service prides itself on delivering the highest quality organic veggies and meats and offer a 100% product guarantee. We have a USDA inspector on site, ensuring top quality and cleanliness, and are proud to report that in our 100 years of business we have NEVER issued a food recall. Interested in tasting the difference? Click here to request a Free Gourmet Food Sample.
Not completely sold on this recipe? Check out a few of our other favorite options:
Southern Fried Chicken
Ranch Pork Chop Casserole
There’s almost nothing better than coming home to a house filled with the irresistible aroma of a hot meal, which is why we absolutely love crockpot creations. This week we’re featuring a recipe for delicious crockpot Roasted Salsa Verde Chicken with homemade salsa verde. You can, of course, use your favorite store-bought salsa verde, but this recipe is simple and really makes the difference — we’re confident that once you try it you won’t go back. Just toss a few of your Passanante boneless chicken breasts in the crockpot and enjoy this tasty meal for days!
- 10 tomatillos, husk removed and washed
- 1-2 serrano peppers (1 serrano for medium, 2 for spicy)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, cut into fourths
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
1. Turn oven on broil.
2. Line a cooking sheet with foil. Place tomatillos, onion, and serrano pepper(s) on the cooking sheet. Place in oven and broil for 15-20 minutes, or until they are slightly charred and the tomatillos are very soft, squishy and oozing.
3. Add the roasted tomatillos, onions and serranos to a food processor with the lime juice, minced garlic and chopped cilantro. Puree. Serve immediately if you want it served warm, or place in a storage container and store for up to 1 week.
Crockpot Salsa Verde Chicken
Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Season with salt, pepper and cumin. Place 1/2 red onion, sliced, in bottom of crockpot. Layer seasoned chicken breasts on top of the onions. Stir together 1/2 cup of chicken broth and 1/2 cup homemade roasted salsa verde and pour salsa mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours then shred using two forks. Throw on top of a salad, make some tacos or stuff and roast a poblano pepper!