For a comforting cold-weather dinner, look no further than this simple Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff. Keep the kitchen clean and let your crock-pot do the work with this simple, no-mess recipe that you couldn’t mess up even if you tried. Happy Eating!
- 1 Package Passanante’s Beef Cubes For Stew (Item #: 111145)
- 1 Can Beef Broth
- 1 Small Can Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Heaping Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Heaping Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Egg Noodles, Prepared (As Much As You Like)
- Combine beef broth, mushroom, onion and stew meat in crock-pot for 4 hours on high.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove cooked stew meat and place into a separate bowl.
- Thicken the liquid in the crock-pot with approx. 2 heaping tablespoons of cornstarch and stir until desired consistency is reached.
- Add sour cream and 1 heaping tablespoon on Dijon mustard.
- Add the meat back to the crock-pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over egg noodles with Garlic Texas Toast and bacon-seasoned green beans.
Not a Passanante’s Home Food Service customer?
Learn how thousands of families are skipping the grocery store lines and stocking their homes with delicious, chemically-purer foods with the help of Passanante’s! Request a Free Food Sample here and find out more!
Already?! How is that even possible? It was just New Years Eve and here we are planning for Valentine’s Day… and not to freak you out, but pressure’s on – they’re probably going to be posting pics of their dinner all over Facebook 🙂
No worries, we’ve scoured cookbooks and blogs to bring you some really solid options for your dinner menu. There’s something here for everyone so poke around and pick your poison!
BEEF – Caprese Steak
Prepare to go capr-azy over Caprese Steak courtesy of Delish. After all, at the end of the day it’s a juicy filet topped with a thick slice of cheese. If that doesn’t scream love we don’t know what does!
CHICKEN – Maple Roasted Chicken Quarters
If you’re looking for something sweet yet savory this recipe may be just the ticket. Pure maple syrup helps to almost caramelize the chicken skin and the veggies nestled underneath are anything but ordinary. This gem courtesy of Chocolate Moosey is one of those meals you just don’t forget. Like, ever.
PORK – Brown Butter Pork Chops with Apples & Onions
Yep. You read that right. Apples and Onions. May sound a little off, but these chops are spot ON. The only stipulation to this recipe from The Lucky Penny is that you really need a cast iron skillet to execute this one to it’s fullest potential. Don’t get hung up on the onion/apple combo we promise it’s better than it sounds!!!
LAMB – Lamb Chops with Mint Gremolata
This next one from Country Living sounds super fancy (see: pain in the butt), but we promise it isn’t! In fact, this Italian favorite requires just 5 ingredients. Pair it with some grilled veggies drizzled with Balsamic and voila – a delicious and ultra fancy-sounding Valentine’s Day dinner for two!
SEAFOOD – Spicy Lobster Pasta
Have a hankering for a little seafood with your sweetheart? Spice up your Valentine’s night with this surprisingly simple show stopper courtesy of Epicurious. This one’s a favorite for those who like it hot!
So… which one will you pick?! Post pictures of your Valentine’s dinner creations on our Facebook page – we’d love to try out some of your favorite recipes too!
Happy New Year!!!
We hope you enjoyed the holiday season surrounded by great food and all of the people you love. We have a lot to be thankful for as we look back on 2016 and we owe it all to our incredible customers – so thank you!
In celebration of our 100 year anniversary we really went All Out, All Year Long. From the 100 Days of Food campaign benefiting Feeding America, to our expansion to Chicago, Illinois, then back to Bristol for the first annual Battle of the Burgers, October with it’s record breaking donation for the American Cancer Society, and finally, the introduction of a number of delicious new favorites including Illg’s sausages. What A Year! Thanks to each of you for being a part of the best year in our company’s history and for your continued support as we move into 2017.
Now onto the tasty stuff…
All this cold weather has craving warm and hearty foods and what’s more comforting than a few Italian classics?!
Need we say more? This recipe couldn’t be easier and the wilted spinach is absolutely to die for. So rich and delicious, make plenty for leftovers!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 or 6 Italian sausages (hot, mild or sweet)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bag (about 12oz,) of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 package fresh or frozen tortellini
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown onion, garlic and sausage in olive oil. Drain well.
- Add oregano, rosemary, basil, tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer for up to 1 hour.
- Just before you serve, turn off heat and add tortellini and spinach. Cover for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Egg Noodle Lasagna
If your pants are still a little tight from the holidays, this recipe for egg noodle lasagna is the perfect pick for you. Not nearly as heavy as traditional lasagna, but just as satisfying.
- 1 1/2 ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 15oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8oz. package small or medium egg noodles (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown onions, meat and garlic. Drain off fat.
- Add tomato sauce, super, salt, pepper and spices.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Cook noodles
- Blend softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Lightly grease 9×13 pan.
- Layer noodles, meat mixture and cheese mixture. Repeat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 30 minutes. Then at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Serve with hot crusty bread.
Thanks again and we look forward to another fantastic year!