Mid-Week Independence Day Party? Yes, Please!
Looking for some new flavors to add to your 4th of July celebration menu? Look no further. These are our Top-4 Must-Try recipes for your upcoming Independence Day party. Fire up the grill, ’cause it’s gonna be a hot one!
Grilled Corn Salad with Tomato and Avocado
- Eat it with a fork, or dip into it with a tortilla chip. This creamy summer salad is sure to be a Independence Day favorite – so make plenty. With ingredients this good, who needs “moderation” anyway? (recipe)
Spicy Lime Shrimp Pineapple Skewers
- Nothing screams summer quite like pineapple, shrimp and skewers. This recipe from Aberdeen’s Kitchen has us chomping at the bit and we cannot wait to serve these up as a simple (and portable) option this 4th of July! (recipe)
Greek Turkey Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce and Greek Tomato Salad
- We all think of burgers and hotdogs when we think about a classic backyard cook-out, but this elevated approach to a turkey burger is everything that’s been missing in our lives! (recipe)
Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon and Honey Ricotta
- Every single word in this recipe name makes us hyper-salivate so we simply couldn’t leave it off our party menu! Juicy, sweet and savory – this is the perfect dessert for any backyard BBQ and even better – they take only minutes to make. (recipe)
Already?! How is that even possible? It was just New Years Eve and here we are planning for Valentine’s Day… and not to freak you out, but pressure’s on – they’re probably going to be posting pics of their dinner all over Facebook 🙂
No worries, we’ve scoured cookbooks and blogs to bring you some really solid options for your dinner menu. There’s something here for everyone so poke around and pick your poison!
BEEF – Caprese Steak
Prepare to go capr-azy over Caprese Steak courtesy of Delish. After all, at the end of the day it’s a juicy filet topped with a thick slice of cheese. If that doesn’t scream love we don’t know what does!
CHICKEN – Maple Roasted Chicken Quarters
If you’re looking for something sweet yet savory this recipe may be just the ticket. Pure maple syrup helps to almost caramelize the chicken skin and the veggies nestled underneath are anything but ordinary. This gem courtesy of Chocolate Moosey is one of those meals you just don’t forget. Like, ever.
PORK – Brown Butter Pork Chops with Apples & Onions
Yep. You read that right. Apples and Onions. May sound a little off, but these chops are spot ON. The only stipulation to this recipe from The Lucky Penny is that you really need a cast iron skillet to execute this one to it’s fullest potential. Don’t get hung up on the onion/apple combo we promise it’s better than it sounds!!!
LAMB – Lamb Chops with Mint Gremolata
This next one from Country Living sounds super fancy (see: pain in the butt), but we promise it isn’t! In fact, this Italian favorite requires just 5 ingredients. Pair it with some grilled veggies drizzled with Balsamic and voila – a delicious and ultra fancy-sounding Valentine’s Day dinner for two!
SEAFOOD – Spicy Lobster Pasta
Have a hankering for a little seafood with your sweetheart? Spice up your Valentine’s night with this surprisingly simple show stopper courtesy of Epicurious. This one’s a favorite for those who like it hot!
So… which one will you pick?! Post pictures of your Valentine’s dinner creations on our Facebook page – we’d love to try out some of your favorite recipes too!
Summer may be winding down, but we aren’t quite into cold-weather soup and stew season yet. Keep it hot with this great recipe for Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with zesty lime crema sauce. Not a huge fan of spicy foods? Consider only using 1 chipotle instead of 2 – a little bit goes a long way with those peppers!
New to Passanante’s Home Food Service? Check out the latest write-up about our products featuring some tasty recipes on Giggles Gobbles & Gulps!
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos With Lime Crema Sauce
1 lb. peeled, deveined shrimp with tails removed
salt and pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 chipotles in adobo sauce, minced +1 tbsp. of the adobo sauce
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, chopped
1/4 cup loosely chopped cilantro
1 1/2 cups of purple cabbage, shredded
1/2 avocado, cubed
4 corn or flour tortillas
1 lime, cut into wedges
For the Greek Yogurt Crema
3/4 cup of Chobani Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Rinse shrimp then lay out on a paper towel to pat dry. Season one side with salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp in a large ziplock bag. Add olive oil, minced chipotles, 1 tbsp. adobo sauce, 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and chopped red onion. Seal bag and shake well so that all ingredients are well blended. Place in the fridge and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or all day (preferable).
- Combine all crema ingredients. Whisk together and set aside, or cover and refrigerate if you are making in advance.
- Remove the shrimp from the fridge and let sit out for 10 minutes. Heat a large skillet over medium/medium high heat. Pour entire contents of the zip lock bag with shrimp and marinade into the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp is cooked through. Add in the chopped cilantro, and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- Assemble your tacos by layering a tortilla, shredded cabbage, shrimp, some cubed avocado, a drizzle of the crema and serve with a wedge of lime!
Add some lite fare to your summer evenings with something fresh from the sea. High in Omega-3s which are good for your brain, and even better for your skin, salmon is a great choice for weekdays or weekends. We love this recipe because of it saves you tons of time in the kitchen, but produces an impressive presentation for guests! Wild caught in the chilly waters of Scotland, our Scottish Salmon brings something to the table that you’ll want to enjoy over and over again.
Looking for the perfect wine to pair with it? Check out our post that makes is easy!
Salmon En Papillote
Moist, delicious, almost fool-proof salmon. This salmon is wrapped in parchment paper and steamed in the oven.
- 4 salmon fillets (4-ounce)
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Salt & coarse ground pepper to taste
- 4 12×18-inch pieces of parchment paper
- 1/2 Cup green onions, chopped
- 8 spears of fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse salmon fillets in cold water, place onto a plate, and squeeze a lemon over the salmon. Sprinkle fillets with salt and black pepper.
- Fold a piece of parchment paper in half crosswise, and center a salmon fillet on one side of the paper. Place 1 or 2 lemon slices on top of the salmon, and surround with 2 cut-up asparagus spears. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of green onion over the lemon slices, and fold the parchment paper over the salmon. Fold the edges of the paper over several times, all around the open edges, to seal the salmon into a parchment paper envelope. (Do not tape the parchment paper closed.)
- Place the sealed envelopes onto a baking sheet, and brush the tops of each packet with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the asparagus is tender and the salmon is opaque and slightly flaky, 20 to 25 minutes.
Place a packet onto a plate, and cut open the paper to release the aroma.
With Valentine’s Day just days away it’s time to start finalizing your plans for that special someone. Whether you’re celebrating with your sweetheart for the 1st time or the 50th time it’s important to slow down and take the time to show how much you care.
Instead of going to a crowded restaurant and sharing your evening with hundreds of other patrons, why not stay in and prepare a gourmet meal together while sipping on a glass of your favorite wine? Go ahead and indulge in a quiet night in with your favorite person and delicious food – you won’t regret it.
Need a little help setting the menu for your romantic night in? Checkout a few of our favorite date night recipes below or head over to our blog, OrganicMeatsAndVeggies.com and browse our recipes by category.
Creamy Mushroom Asiago Chicken: Boasting gooey Parmesan and Asiago cheeses as well as tons of garlic, Mushroom Asiago Chicken is the perfect answer to any savory craving.
Veal Piccata: Enjoy this lemony Italian veal favorite with simple steamed green beans and mashed sweet potatoes.
Beef Filet with Red Wine Sauce: Served with crisp steamed asparagus, filet of beef with red wine sauce makes for a beautiful presentation and an irresistible meal.
Pan Seared Salmon: Pan-Seared Salmon with Arugula, Beets and Horseradish and Sour Cream offers a rich and earthy take on everyone’s favorite fresh water fish.
After you pick the perfect entree recipe don’t forget to pick up a bottle of wine that compliments the flavors. For more on how to select the right type of wine check out our post How to Pair Wine with Food.
Happy Valentine’s Day!