Passanante’s Top 5 Poultry Tips
1) When Storing: Refrigerate poultry promptly after purchasing. Keep it in the coldest part of our refrigerator for up to 2 days. Freeze poultry for longer storage and never leave poultry at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
2) When Freezing: You can freeze properly packaged uncooked poultry parts for up to six months and a whole bird for up to a year. Freeze cooked poultry dishes for four to six months, and never refreeze chicken that has been thawed.
3) When Thawing: The safest place to thaw poultry is the refrigerator. For faster thawing, place the wrapped package in a large bowl of cold water and allow it to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Change the water and repeat the process until thawed. Never leave frozen poultry on the counter to thaw.
4) When Frying: Canola oil provides a much milder taste when frying, and it contains healthier amounts of saturated and polyunsaturated fats. Do not cover the chicken once it has finished cooking because covering will cause the coating to lose its crispiness.
5) When Cooking: For many recipes you can substitute one cut of chicken for another. Just remember that bone-in chicken pieces require longer cooking times than boneless pieces.
At Passanante’s we are serious about delivering delicious foods to our customers, and the taste and quality of our meats are top priority. We don’t believe in grocery store lines, foods of unknown origin, or foods packed with bad-for-your-family chemicals – which is why we would LOVE to treat you to a free gourmet food sample.