Happy New Year!!!
We hope you enjoyed the holiday season surrounded by great food and all of the people you love. We have a lot to be thankful for as we look back on 2016 and we owe it all to our incredible customers – so thank you!
In celebration of our 100 year anniversary we really went All Out, All Year Long. From the 100 Days of Food campaign benefiting Feeding America, to our expansion to Chicago, Illinois, then back to Bristol for the first annual Battle of the Burgers, October with it’s record breaking donation for the American Cancer Society, and finally, the introduction of a number of delicious new favorites including Illg’s sausages. What A Year! Thanks to each of you for being a part of the best year in our company’s history and for your continued support as we move into 2017.
Now onto the tasty stuff…
All this cold weather has craving warm and hearty foods and what’s more comforting than a few Italian classics?!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 or 6 Italian sausages (hot, mild or sweet)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bag (about 12oz,) of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 package fresh or frozen tortellini
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown onion, garlic and sausage in olive oil. Drain well.
- Add oregano, rosemary, basil, tomatoes and chicken broth. Simmer for up to 1 hour.
- Just before you serve, turn off heat and add tortellini and spinach. Cover for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- 1 1/2 ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 15oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8oz. package small or medium egg noodles (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown onions, meat and garlic. Drain off fat.
- Add tomato sauce, super, salt, pepper and spices.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Cook noodles
- Blend softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Lightly grease 9×13 pan.
- Layer noodles, meat mixture and cheese mixture. Repeat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 30 minutes. Then at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Serve with hot crusty bread.
Thanks again and we look forward to another fantastic year!