To us, nothing screams cold-weather meal quite like Chicken and Dumplings, but who has time on a weeknight for homemade dumplings? Not us! Cut some corners on the prep work and cleanup, but get all of the irresistible flavors of this comfort food favorite with our recipe for Easy Chicken And Dumplings. We dare you to find someone who doesn’t love this one…
- 2 Large Boxes Chicken Broth
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1.5-2 Cans Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits (or similar)
- 2-3 All-Natural Chicken Breasts (boiled and chopped to bite-sized chunks)
- 2 Stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Baby Carrots (chopped)
- In a bowl combine cream of chicken soup and enough of the chicken broth (approx. 1/2 cup) to create a smooth, soupy texture.
- Quarter the biscuits and with the palms of your hands roll the pieces into balls to create dumplings.
- Combine the rest of the chicken broth, carrots and celery in soup pot and heat.
- Once at a soft boil, add the dumplings. As they heat, the dumplings will swell significantly and ultimately shrink back down.
- Once the dumplings have shrunken down, add the cream of chicken soup mixture and stir well.
- Add the chicken and allow the soup to continue to cook until evenly heated. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Not a Passanante’s Home Food Service customer?
Learn how thousands of families are skipping the grocery store lines and stocking their homes with delicious, chemically-purer foods with the help of Passanante’s! Request a Free Food Sample here and find out more!