Picking a menu for a large holiday gathering can seem like a daunting task. Something for the kids, something for the picky eaters and something for everyone else – it’s a lot to think about!
Our advice? Stick with what you know. A big group gathering may not the best time to try out a brand new recipe. Not to mention, nothing brings back great memories quite like a old family favorite. Whether it’s a classic green bean casserole or your great great grandma’s curried apple squash soup – flavors are a powerful vehicle to transport you and your family back to a simpler time.
This holiday season we hope you’re able to unplug from all the distractions of 2016 and connect with what really matters – your family. Happy eating!
5 Tips For A Low-Stress Holiday Dinner
Assemble salads in advance.
- Go for a salad that uses heartier ingredients that won’t wilt or get soggy too easily like escarole, frisee, cucumbers and tomatoes.
Cut up your veggies to save time.
- Whether a dish requires boiling or roasting, the smaller the vegetables are cut, the less time it will take for each piece to cook though.
Skip the goose and ditch the roast.
- Fire up the grill and opt for a juicy steak instead! With way less prep, mess and fuss than some of the other options, steak is a delicious alternative that your family is sure to enjoy.
Share the responsibility.
- Have teens or young adults home for the holidays? Encourage them to get involved in the kitchen. Maybe this year’s a good year to pass the torch on a few recipes!
- Clean while you cook.
- Don’t let a messy kitchen keep you away from all the fun and festivities. Keep the counters tidy and load the dish washer as you go – you’ll thank yourself later.
Featured Partner: Cherish Yourself
is a new and innovative approach to wellness. Delivering world-class service in an inspiring setting, their goal is to help you transform your life in an environment where you feel cherished. Empowering you with the information that you need to achieve your optimal health, Cherish Yourself focuses on nurturing you as you take your journey to Totally Integrated Wellness.
A special offer for all Passanante’s Home Food Service customers:
Mention Passanante’s and purchase a $150 gift card to Cherish Yourself and get a FREE 50 minute massage
Mention Passanante’s and purchase a $200 gift card to Cherish Yourself and get a FREE 75 minute facial!
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season!