The countdown to Memorial Day weekend is on, which means you’ve got to start thinking about what’s on the menu for you and your friends. We suggest Filet Mignon and Brisket Burgers, Smoked Bratwurst, maybe some handmade Italian Sausage, and of course – some delicious side items.
We’ve collected a couple simple recipes for your side dishes that are sure to draw your friends in for seconds and maybe even thirds! Hop onto the Passanante’s Home Food Service Facebook Page and share the recipes your family loves most – we would love to add them to our recipe album!
Home Made Seasoned French Fries:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
- Cover a large pan with tin foil. Spray with cooking oil and lightly sprinkle on salt
- Cut 5 organic potatoes in to wedge or steak fries
- Let the wedges soak in salted water for 30 minutes to release some of the starch and allow the fries to crisp up in the over.
- After 30 minutes, dry the potatoes thoroughly. If the potatoes aren’t completely dry, the moisture will make them steam in the oven
- Lay the fries on the foil and lightly brush the wedges with olive oil
- Sprinkle on a touch of your favorite seasoning. We recommend a mixed Italian or Cajun/creole seasoning.
- Pop the homemade fries in the oven for 15-20 minutes for softer fries and 25-30 minutes for crispier fries.
Devilishly Excellent Smoky Deviled Eggs:
- Hard boil 1 dozen eggs
- Drain and cool eggs under cold running water or in a bowl of ice water. Peel the eggs.
- Halve the eggs lengthwise and place the yolks in a food processor.
- Add ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons of crème fraîche and 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons, 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion.
- Season with salt, ground black pepper and ground white pepper
- Fill the egg halves with the yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of Spanish pimentón and serve chilled