If you don’t already receive the Passanante’s Home Food Service email newsletter you’re missing out on our fabulously simple and delicious featured recipes! Make sure you keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter and our newsletter for more great ideas for the kitchen and exclusive product annoucements.
Featured Recipe: Grilled Pork Chops with Apple Compote
1 small sweet onion, finely diced
2 small green apples peeled, cored and diced
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp each of cinnamon and nutmeg
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1. In small saucepan, mix all ingredients and set over medium heat.
2. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until apples and onions are softened.
3. Keep warm in a separate dish.
4 Bone-in Pork Loin chops, about 1″ thick
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium high
2. Rub each chop with a small amount of oil, then season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Grill chops for 3-4 minutes per side or until a medium degree of doneness (about 145 degrees)
4. Remove from grill and set on plate for 5 minutes to rest.
5. Serve chops with a dollop of apple compote on top and a side of apple.
COMING SOON: FIlet Mignon and Sweet Pepper Skewers