This simple recipe for King Ranch Beef Casserole is really comfort food at it’s finest. If you’re feeling adventurous grab some pickled jalapeños and sprinkle them over the top of the finished product or mix in a tablespoon of diced jalapeños for an extra kick. Also, if beef isn’t your preference feel free to substitute with shredded chicken breast.
As always, we hope you’ll trust Passanante’s Home Food Service to deliver organic produce and tasty hormone-free meats right to your door. Since 1916 we’ve been dedicated to delivering the best ingredients around so the recipes you prepare for your family truly shine.
Yield: 5-6 servings Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
Everything you’ll need:
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup bell pepper, diced
Dash of salt
1 10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom
1 10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken
1 10 oz. can mild rotel tomatoes, drained
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
10 corn tortillas
How to prepare King Ranch Beef Casserole :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the beef and onions.
- When meat has almost cooked all the way add the bell pepper and sprinkle with a dash of salt.
- When the meat is brown and thoroughly cooked drain the grease from the pan.
- Heat a medium size sauce pan over low/medium heat.
- Add the cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, rotel tomatoes, garlic powder and chili powder. Stir and cook until the mixture is warm and then turn off the heat.
- Tear each tortilla into pieces and dip each piece into the sauce mixture. These pieces do not have to be totally saturated in the mixture or you might use it all up and won’t have enough for the dish
- Place the tortillas in a large casserole dish and top with half of the meat mixture and half of the sauce.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese over the sauce and repeat the layers finishing with the rest of the cheese.
- Cook for 40 minutes & enjoy!