Happy Turkey Month! To celebrate every foodie’s favorite time of year, Passanante’s Home Food Service will be posting 4 all new Thanksgiving recipes on our blog this month and tons of other great tips and tricks on our Facebook page!
First up; no Thanksgiving is complete without a delicious homemade dressing … also known as “stuffing.” Our recipe has been a family favorite for generations and all of the cooks over the years swear the most important things to remember are 1. get a juicy turkey and 2. this recipe takes practice, but the key is to not skimp on the broth!
What you’ll need for our favorite Thanksgiving Dressing:
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 pans of cooked cornbread (crumbled)
- 6 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 or more cups of turkey broth (we take it right out of the turkey pan)
- sage to taste
- poultry seasoning to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Boil the celery and onion together in just enough water to cover.
2. In a very large bowl combine all ingredients including the celery and onion along with the water they cooked in and 3 or more cups of turkey broth from your cooking turkey.
3. Add sage and poultry seasoning (we always add at least 2 tablespoons of each).
Note: At this stage your dressing should be somewhat soupy, but not too thin.
4. Pour mixture into a baking dish or two. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes — don’t let it get dry!
Pingback: Recipe: Thanksgiving Turkey Gravy | Passanante's Home Food Service Blog
Pingback: Recipes: Cauliflower-Goat Cheese Gratin & Cranberry Sauce | Passanante's Home Food Service Blog