It’s 12:30 on a Sunday afternoon. You’re starting to think about what sounds good for lunch and only one thing comes to mind… Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich. You hop in the car and just as you back out of the drive way you realize, Chick-Fil-A is closed on Sunday!
We’ve all been there before. There are tons of delicious foods we all wish we had access to whenever we want. Luckily Passanante’s Home Food Service has you covered with our new “Life Hack Recipes” series available here on our blog once a month! We hope you enjoy our first installment featuring Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and Texas Roadhouse Honey Butter!
Total prep time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
What you need to make your very own Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich:
- 2 thin chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 buns
- Salt and pepper
How to prepare homemade Chick-Fil-A goodness (makes 2 sandwiches):
- Put the chicken breasts in a plastic bag of pickle juice and let it marinate for an hour
- Beat together an egg and milk
- In a separate containers mix together the flour, sugar, garlic powder, celery salt, basil, salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat
- Coat each chicken piece in the egg mixture. Coat again with the flour mixture
- Fry each piece for 3-4 minutes per side until the chicken is that delicious familiar golden-brown color
- Pat the oil off the chicken using paper towels
- Butter the sandwich buns and give them a spin in the still hot skillet to toast the edges
- Add a couple pickles and your favorite condiments
- Most delicious when enjoyed on a Sunday!
Texas Roadhouse Honey Butter
Whip together the following ingredients and enjoy spread over warm rolls, waffles, pancakes, french toast, or melt over hot rice cereal or oatmeal. YUM!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, very softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon