Happy National Chicken Month!
The first of four new recipes in September to celebrate National Chicken Month, is Swiss Chicken Tetrazzini made with irresistible Passanante’s poultry. If you aren’t already a Passanante’s Home Food Service customer you may not have had an opportunity to taste our high-quality, locally raised, antibiotic AND hormone free poultry products — and if you haven’t tasted them there’s no way for you to know what you’re missing out on!At Passanante’s we are serious about delivering delicious foods to our customers, and the taste and quality of our meats are top priority. We don’t believe in grocery store lines, foods of unknown origin, or foods packed with bad-for-your-family chemicals – which is why we would LOVE to treat you to a free gourmet food sample.
Curious to know what people are saying about us? Head on over to our Facebook page and find out why so many families across Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina trust us with their food delivery needs!
- 1 (7-ounce) package spaghetti
- 5 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 4 Teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 4 Cups milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1 Cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Tablespoon dry sherry
- 3/4 Pound (2 1/1 cups) chicken breast, cooked and cut into cubes
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 2/3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Teaspoon parsley flakes
Prepping and Cooking Instructions:
- Cook and drain spaghetti and set aside.
- In a saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter and stir in flour and chicken bouillon. Gradually add milk.
- Cook and stir until the bouillon dissolves and the mixture thickens slightly to coat a spoon.
- Remove from heat and add pepper, Swiss cheese, and dry sherry. Stir until the cheese melts
- In a large bowl combine sauce, cooked spaghetti, chicken, and mushrooms. Mix well.
- Place mixture in a 9×13 baking dish.
- For the topping combine soft bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes. Mix well.
- Top the casserole and bake at 325* until hot, roughly 25 minutes.