October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and at Passanante’s Home Food Service we take the call to raise awareness pretty seriously. Each year we look forward to partnering with our incredible customers to spread the word about this horrible disease and raise money for the American Cancer Society.
You may remember last year we ordered 500 pink free food sample cooler bags and pledged to donate $2 for each bag we gave away and $1 for every new Facebook fan we acquired over the month. To no one’s surprise our amazing customers stepped up in a BIG way and after distributing 500 free food sample bags and gaining 228 new likes, we donated $1,228 to the American Cancer Society. It was awesome.
This year, we ordered 750 pink bags and are committed to donating $3 for every free food sample we give away and $1 for each new Facebook fan in hopes of donating $2,500 to the American Cancer Society.*
We have an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of millions of men and women who are affected by breast cancer and hope you will help us reach our goal this year. All you have to do to join the cause is direct your friends and family HERE to request a free food sample and HERE to “like us” on Facebook.
Facts About Breast Cancer In The United States:
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- V and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
What are you waiting for? Refer a couple of friends and be a part of something great this October. We are so excited to support this important cause and hope you are too.
* Some restrictions may apply. Please speak to a Passanante’s Home Food Service representative for additional details.