As we change seasons it’s time to change up your menus. Put away those summer salads and cozy up to watch the leaves fall with these hearty and satisfying treats.
Double Good Stew
Nothing says Fall like a hearty stew dinner. Enjoy Double Good Stew with warm cornbread covered in honey and a glass of your favorite red.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1 1/2lbs. frozen mixed veggies
- 3/4 lb. frozen yellow corn
- 2 cups cubes beef
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Use 1/2 the butter to saute the cubed beef until well browned. Place in stew pot and add 1 pint of water. Start cooking over medium heat.
- Use remainder of butter to saute onion, green pepper and celery until tender and onions are clear. Add to meat and cook over low heat for 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook another 30 minutes. Add only enough water to keep good boiling action.
Easy Peanut Brittle
If you’ve got a microwave you can handle this next recipe for Easy Peanut Brittle. This is a great treat to have on-hand during the holiday season for the occasional rogue sweet tooth.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Mix together sugar, white corn syrup, peanuts and salt. Microwave on high 4 minutes.
- Remove, stir and microwave 4 minutes more then add 1 tsp. butter, 1 tsp. vanilla and microwave again for 1.5 minutes.
- Remove, stir in 1 tsp. baking soda and immediately pour on cookie sheet to cool.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
We’re so grateful for everyone’s participation in making this year our largest donation to the American Cancer Society yet at a rock solid $6,125!
2016 Donation: $6,125
2015 Donation: $5,550
2014 Donation: $2,500
2013 Donation: $1,228