Don’t be intimidated by horror stories of rubbery scallops. This foolproof flavorful recipe will have you searing like a sous chef in no time at all!
- Olive Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rosemary Sprigs (1 for every 2-3 scallops)
- Rosemary Oil
Rosemary Infused Oil Method:
- Start by stripping the rosemary leaves off of the stems, leaving a little at the end. Be sure to use sturdy sprigs so they hold together well.
- Combine stripped leaves in a pot with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Bring the oil to a simmer and them let cool to infuse the oil with rosemary.
- Prep the scallops by rinsing them and gently patting dry with paper towels.
- String the scallops onto the rosemary sprig skewers (2 to 3 scallops per skewer) and brush with olive oil.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Once the pan is nice and hot, gently place the scallop skewers in the pan and sear for 2 minutes per side.
- Once the scallops are seared, remove them to a place and drizzle on the rosemary infused oil.