This simple recipe for Curried Shrimp and Squash is a cinch to put together and as we approach fall it’s the perfect meal for a crisp evening. After all, no flavor says fall quite like squash.
If you want to simplify mealtime and eliminate those nagging trips to the grocery store, give Passanante’s Home Food Service a try! For more than 100 years we’ve been helping thousands of families improve the quality of foods they enjoy, save money and reduce time spent shopping for and preparing meals. If you’d like to learn more about what we do and try a free sample of some of our foods click here.
- 1 Large acorn squash
- 3 tsp. Canola oil, divided
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 Can light coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp. Fish sauce
- 1 to 1.5 lb. Peeled raw shrimp
- 2 tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 tsp. Lime zest
- Basmati rice
- Preheat oven to 400˚F
- Blanch squash in microwave by cooking on high for 4 minutes and cut into half inch slices.
- Remove seeds from slices and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Toss with 2 teaspoons of canola oil on a baking sheet and bake until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon of canola oil, then minced garlic and Thai red curry paste. Cook approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk and fish sauce. Boil, then reduce heat to medium. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink, approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in squash, lime juice and lime zest. Serve over rice.