It’s been awhile since Passanante’s posted our Italian Summer Salad, so we figured it was time to post this fabulous recipe for Zesty Romaine Crunch Salad. This recipe is great when served with Heavenly Tilapia and a simple pasta — definitely worth wipping up this weekend. Let us know what you think about it on our Facebook page and be sure to post your favorite recipes too!
The Crunchy Topping:
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 package Ramen noodles uncooked and broken up
- 1 Tbs. oil
Heat oil, cook nuts and noodles until crispy and light brown. Drain on paper towel.
- 1 head of organic romaine lettuce torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 bunch of organic broccoli crowns, chopped very fine
- 1 bunch of organic green onions, chopped
Mix all in plastic container and place in refrigerator.
- 1/2 cup sugar heated with
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar. Remove from stove and add…
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
Chill dressing. Mix crunchy topping, salad and dressing just before serving.
Pingback: Recipe: Chilled Cucumber Salad | Passanante's Home Food Service