If you don’t receive the Passanante’s Home Food Service email updates you’re missing out on exciting announcements about new menu items, contests, and some incredibly simple recipes that you and your family would love! This recipe for Herb Roasted Chicken is one of our favorites because it only had a few simple ingredients and it’s ready in five easy steps. Such a great recipe to have on hand for those busy days!
- 1 Roasting Chicken, about 4 to 5 pounds
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 Rib celery, cut in large chunks
- 1/4 Tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 Tsp dried leaf thyme
- 3 Tbsp coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Rub inside of chicken with lemon juice; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Add the onion quarters, celery, dried herbs, and parsley to chicken cavity.
4. Place chicken in a shallow roasting pan and roast at 350° for about 20 minutes per pound.
5. Baste with melted butter several times. Internal temperature should register at least 165° on a meat thermometer inserted into the meaty part of the thigh.
Are you a fan of us on Facebook? We’re excited to announce a new contest that we’d love you to participate in. All you have to do is take a picture of your meal at your favorite restaurant and submit it to our Facebook contest app for a chance to win a $100 gift card to that restaurant ($50 for second place)! It’s so easy to enter and we’d love for you to share some great grub-spots with your fellow Passanante’s customers. 🙂