Burr! It’s cold outside and the only way we know to warm up is with tasty comfort foods like this recipe for “Warm Your Bones Beef Stew.” This one has a few more ingredients than we usually post, but it’s definitely worth it. The best part? You can tweak this recipe with any amount of your other favorites like peas and corn and you’re only going to make it even better — that’s the beauty of stews! We announced earlier this year that we’ve got a wide variety of new items coming to our food delivery service, and we’re genuinely looking forward to hearing your feedback on them. At Passanante’s Home Food Service we’re always looking for new ways to impress you, and we hope our new products and weekly recipes become some of your favorites!
What You’ll Need for “Warm Your Bones Beef Stew”:
- 3 lbs stew meat
- 1/3 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/2 cup red wine (dry)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 red potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Flour the meat by shaking in a brown paper bag filled with flour and brown it in a skillet with olive oil
- Transfer browned stew meat to soup pot with beef broth and boil with other ingredients.
- Simmer, simmer, simmer – it will cook down. Add water as needed, and always have enough water to keep it covered. (Remember this is a soup so don’t worry about adding water 🙂 )
- Thicken with a rue of water and flour mixed together (about 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup flour will made it more of a liquid than a paste, which is what you want. You can also substitute the flour for cornstarch if you prefer.)
- Serve with warm flaky biscuits (the pillsbury ones in the can are our favorite!)
Want access to more great recipes? “Like” us on Facebook to connect with other Passanante’s food delivery customers and find out what they like to whip up at dinner time!