In the mood for some easy to make at home Mexican food? This recipe for Chicken Taco Casserole ought to do the trick! What we love most about this recipe is how easily customizable it is for your taste. Feel free to experiment by adding beans, corn, olives, chipotle tabasco sauce — you name it, get creative!
At Passanante’s Home Food Services we know you’re busy, which is why we’re always looking for delicious recipes that require very little time to prepare. If you have any recipes that you would like to share, we’d love to see them. Pop over to our Facebook Page and share your tasty creation with your fellow foodies.
What you need for Chicken Taco Casserole (serves 6):
- 10 3/4oz cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4oz can chopped green chilies, drained
- 10oz can mild enchilada sauce (substitute for medium or hot – up to you!)
- 8oz Velveeta cheese
- 2 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 12-6″ corn tortillas or corn chips
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 to 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 small jar of sliced pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1/2 avocado sliced into cubes (optional)
How to make it in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine soup and cheese, mix well
- Add chicken, chilies, and a handfull jalapeños (if desired)
- Spread 1/2 chicken mixture over bottom of 2 quart casserole
- Pour on 1/2 can of enchilada sauce
- Add a layer of corn chips or corn tortillas
- Add rest of chicken and rest of enchilada sauce
- Add top layer of corn chips or corn tortillas
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, sliced pickled jalapeños, and avocado bites.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole
In a hurry? No problem. You can make Chicken Taco Casserole in the microwave!
- Mix as directed above
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes
- Remove and fold ingredients toward center
- If using a non-rotating microwave, rotate one quarter turn
- Microwave on high for 5 more minutes
- Let set for 3 minutes and serve.