With Easter only about a week away it’s high time to start planning a delicious menu for family and friends. Over the next 10 days we’re going to share a number of awesome springtime breakfast, lunch and brunch recipes so you can pick and choose from your favorites to design the perfect meal for your loved ones. This first recipe for simple sweet muffins is the cornerstone of any good breakfast, brunch, tea party, wedding shower…. you name it! Put your own spin on them by adding cranberries, blueberries, apples, dates, or nuts and serve these hot cakes warm!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 12 thin slices of butter
8 Easy Steps to Delicious Simple Sweet Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt) in a large bowl and mix thoroughly
- In a separate bowl mix milk, oil and egg until blended
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until moistened
- Optional: Drop in 3/4 cup of your favorite fruit or nuts and mix well
- Using an ice cream scoop, evenly distribute batter into muffin cups and fill two-thirds full
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes and remove from pan immediately
- Top still warm muffins with a slice of butter and serve.
For delicious Apple Muffins add 3/4 cup peeled and chopped apple, 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg during step 5.
For irresistible Date-Nut Muffins fold in 1/2 cup chopped dates and 1/2 cup chopped pecans during step 5.
In celebration of our new office, we’re offering 4 FREE JUMBO filet mignons and $100 CASH to anyone who refers a new customer in the North Carolina area. This offer is only valid until April 15 so HURRY and submit your referral here: