We hope you’re ready, because this next recipe is about to soar to the top of your go-to recipes list. Bacon & Asparagus Roll-Ups are the perfect addition to any breakfast or lunch menu and even make fabulous appetizers. Our recipe makes 15-20 Bacon Roll-Ups and while that might sound like a lot, we can assure you that you won’t have very many left over – if any! Not only are Bacon & Asparagus Roll-Ups irresistibly savory and delicious, they’re the perfect simple recipe to make with your children – so pop on their chef hats and get cooking!
What you need:
- 1 package sliced white bread
- 1 tub of whipped Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 package of center-cut bacon, cooked (can also substitute sliced prosciutto)
- 2 cans of asparagus spears
- 1 tub of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 stick of butter, melted
How to assemble Bacon Roll-Ups:
- Remove the crusts from the slices of white bread
- Using a rolling pin, flatten out each slice
- Evenly smear whipped cream cheese on to each piece of bread
- Place one asparagus spear and one piece of cooked bacon diagonally (corner to corner) on each slice of bread and roll up like an enchilada
- Paint a small amount of melted butter over the top of the roll-ups and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese
- Bake on 350* until the edges of the bread turn a light golden brown.
- Serve warm!
Looking for more brunch recipes from Passanante’s Home Food Service?