Mix up the menu with our simple recipe for Chicken Marsala. This flavorful meal of mushrooms, prosciutto and Marsala wine over Passanante’s juicy, tender, hormone and antibiotic-free chicken is the ultimate Italian food crowd-pleaser.
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (item #: 115510 )
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. Cremini or Porcini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 cup Sweet Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board cover in plastic wrap and pound with a flat meat mallet until they are about 1/4-inch thick.
- Put some flour in a shallow platter and season with salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly.
- Heat the oil over medium-high flame in a large skillet. When the oil is hot, dredge both sides of the chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Slip into the pan and fry for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown, turning once. Remove the chicken.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the prosciutto to the drippings in the pan, sauté for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the Marsala in the pan and boil down for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol. Add chicken stock and simmer for a minute.
- Stir in the butter and return the chicken to the pan; simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving
Curious About Passanante’s Home Food Service?
Learn how thousands of families are skipping the grocery store lines and stocking their homes with delicious, chemically-purer foods with the help of Passanante’s! Request a Free Food Sample here and find out more!