On the prowl for an impressive meal to prepare this Valentine’s Day? This recipe for Braised Lamb Shank requires very little work, but the payoff is utterly delicious. Serve with a starch, a green and a glass of your favorite red, and prepare to indulge!
- 6 Lamb shanks, trimmed of fat
- 1 Large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups Beef stock
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1 tbsp, Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- Combine flour and pepper in a large Ziplock bag.
- Dredge lamb shanks in flour.
- Heat oil in large frying pan and fry shanks until golden brown on each side. Turnover with tongs.
- Place shanks in Dutch Oven, or large ovenproof pot with lid. Add minced garlic and bay leaves to pot.
- Add onion slices to frying pan. Cook stirring occasionally until onion is soft. Add red wine to frying pan. Cook stirring occasionally until slightly syrupy, approximately five minutes.
- Pour onion mixture over shanks and sprinkle Italian seasoning over shanks.
- Pour beef stock into the pot. Cook in 375˚ F oven for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve.