- 1 Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 6 cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 2 14 ounce Cans Beef Broth
- 18 ounce Bottle Barbecue Sauce
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 pound Boston Butt Pork Shoulder Roast
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Spread onion slices and garlic cloves in the bottom of a slow cooker; stir in beef broth, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, cider vinegar, and pepper. Add pork roast
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker.
- Strain juices and return to the slow cooker.
- Mix water and cornstarch in a bowl; stir into juices until sauce is thickened.