With the holidays just around the corner, we thought you might be in need of a new dessert recipe to spoil friends and family with. Sweetie Pie is simple to prepare, but impossible to forget. This recipe makes two 9-inch pans which may be one more than you need, but this recipe freezes well so you can save it until your next celebration. At Passanante’s Home Food Service, we’re always looking for great recipes to share on our blog. Pop onto our Facebook contest and submit your best creations for a chance to WIN 6 JUMBO Filet Mignons! Don’t forget to tell your friends to vote for your submission!
What you need for Sweetie Pie crust:
- 10 graham crackers, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter melted
What you need for Sweetie Pie filling:
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 1 pint whipped cream
- Pecan or almonds for garnish
How to prepare Sweetie Pie:
- Combine crust ingredients and press into two 9-inch pans. Let set.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter until fluffy, add sugar, and continue to beat.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla; continue to beat.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating 3 minutes after each.
- Pour over crust, chill and top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with nuts and finely shaved sweet chocolate.
- Chill thoroughly.
- And indulge.
Have a friend that you think might like Passanante’s food delivery as much as you do? Don’t forget about our BIG Holiday Referral Program!
Your referral will get a gift-wrapped reusable cooler containing several pieces of our most popular meats and vegetables with a note announcing that you’ve sent them a gift. There’s absolutely no cost to you and no obligation for your referral.
For each of your referrals that agrees to receive the free sample you’ll get 2 FREE filet mignons on your next order. If a referral decides to become a customer we’ll mail you a $50 Target gift card! Email your referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do the rest. 🙂