This simple and elegant recipe for Herbed Roast Beef is the perfect entree for any occasion from a Tuesday night at home to a sophisticated dinner party with guests. One of the best things about this delicious recipe is if you’re a Passanante’s customer you probably already have most of the ingredients you need at home so there’s no need for a grocery trip!
- 1 (8-pound) rolled boneless rib roast
- 1 Cup dry red wine (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 2 Cups beef broth
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 Teaspoons seasoned pepper
How to Prepare Herbed Roast Beef:
- Combine flour, dry mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of flour mixture.
- Pat remaining flour mixture evenly over roast.
- Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 325* for 3 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 135 degrees (or desired doneness).
- Remove roast from pan, reserving drippings.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Whisk together reserved 3 tablespoons of flour mixture, 1/2 cup pan drippings (adding additional water, if necessary, to equal 1/2 cup), wine, broth, and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and bubbly.
- Serve mixture over roast and enjoy!