This next recipe is the perfect answer to those impossible-to-shake Chinese food cravings we all get from time to time – Sweet and Sour Pork! Prepare a flavorful feast and enjoy the piece of mind that goes with serving up a healthier (but just as tasty) version of this take-out favorite. Our recipe serves four, so double the ingredients for a dinner party or if you want to enjoy leftovers for lunch.
- 1 Pound boneless pork cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 (20-ounce) Can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 Small green pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 4 Cups white rice
How to Prepare Sweet and Sour Pork:
- Heat oil in a wok or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Add pineapple with juice, corn syrup, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Add green pepper.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and stir into pork mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Service over hot rice and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious pork recipes?