This next recipe is a classic that every cook needs to have in their back pocket for a quaint dinner party at home. Served with crisp steamed asparagus, filet of beef with red wine sauce makes for a beautiful presentation and an irresistible meal. As with any recipe, this one tastes best when prepared with quality, hormone-free, platinum reserve beef.
If you’re interested in finding out more about our gourmet food delivery service and how you can request a free food sample click here. Passanante’s Home Food Service would love the opportunity to deliver quality meats and organic vegetables to your home and save you time by reducing pesky grocery store trips!
What you’ll need:
- 4 Filets of beef, about 6 ounces and 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 Tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup red wine
- 1/2 Cup beef broth
- 1 Teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 Package noodles
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
How to make Filet of Beef with Red Wine Sauce:
- Cook noodles according to package directions
- Sprinkle both sides of beef filets with salt and pepper
- In a skillet large enough to hold all of the filets flat, heat the vegetable oil
- Add the filets and cook about 2 minutes over relatively high heat until browned and slightly crisp
- Turn the filets over and continue cooking on low heat for about 3 minutes for rare meat, or 5 minutes for well done
- Transfer the meat to a warm platter
- Pour off the fat from the skillet
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and mushrooms and stir for about 2 minutes
- Add the shallots and continue cooking briefly
- Add red wine, beef broth, and tomato paste
- Add any liquid accumulated around the meat
- Cook while stirring over relatively high heat for 5-7 minutes or until the liquid is thick and reduced to 1 1/2 cups
- Swirl in 2 tablespoons of butter
- Serve this mixture over hot meat with noodles.
- Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!