As many of you may know, Passanante’s hosted our first ever Battle of the Burgers on Saturday, Sept. 24th and it was a HUGE SUCCESS!!
A sincere thank you to everyone who came out to enjoy the good weather, great food and fun activities – we love this community and thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to get to know some of our neighbors a little better. From cornhole competitors to clever chefs, artists to face painters and families of foodies, the Battle of the Burgers had it all!
A special thank you to our generous judges for their excellent palettes and continued support of both our community and Passanante’s Home Food Service. We so appreciate you spending the day with us!
- Greg Pezza, Councilman of the Bristol Borough
- Justin Saxton from CBM
- Dave Nemeth from Radcliffe Insurance
- Rick Mousseau from Time Investments
To all of the competitors in the burger cook-off, thanks for your great energy and positivity as the battle raged – all of the entries were outstanding and we loved watching each of you in action!
And finally, congratulations to the winners of the Battle of the Burgers! You guys are true burger aficionados and your entries were out of this world.
- Bill Brady – All Meats Category Winner
- Team Mill Street Cantina – All Beef Category Winner
- Sam Fiorelli (Team Agostino Foods) – All Beef Category Winner
- Ismeal Rivera (Chef Hermie on Wheels) – Purple Cow (most unique) Award Winner
Stay tuned to the blog for details on each of our winning entries and get busy perfecting your burger for next year’s competition!
Thanks again to everyone for an incredible day!
Whether you’re looking to win $500 CASH, or just looking for a fun activity for the whole family – we invite you to join us for an afternoon of food, games and fun for everyone!
In celebration of our 100 year anniversary we’re hosting a Battle of the Burgers cook-off competition right here in Bristol, PA and we want YOU to come show your stuff! Passanante’s Home Food Service will supply competitors with both a grill and 2 lbs. of either ground beef, chicken, lamb, veal, bison, turkey or pork for the cook-off. Winners will be selected in 3 categories…
- Best in Show (Beef) -Prize of $500 CASH and a feature post on our blog, social media pages and newsletter
- Best in Show (Non-Beef) -Prize of $500 CASH and a feature post on our blog, social media pages and newsletter
- The Purple Cow (most unique) – Prize of 6 months of FREE Passanante’s burgers and a feature post on our blog, social media pages and newsletter
Interested in competing? Visit www.BattleOfTheBurgers.EventBrite.com to download your entry form.
We hope you’ll join us for this great celebration and friendly competition!
Corn Hole Tournament
Saturday, September 24th
12 to 6pm
1901 Farragut Ave.
Bristol, PA 19007
More info at www.BattleOfTheBurgers.EventBrite.com
Free To Attend – Competitors Wanted!
If you don’t already receive the Passanante’s Home Food Service email newsletter you’re missing out on our fabulously simple and delicious featured recipes! Make sure you keep up with us on Facebook, Twitter and our newsletter for more great ideas for the kitchen and exclusive product annoucements.
Interested in a FREE Gourmet Food Sample?
Featured Recipe: Grilled Pork Chops with Apple Compote
Grilled Pork Chops with Apple Compote
1 small sweet onion, finely diced
2 small green apples peeled, cored and diced
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp each of cinnamon and nutmeg
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1. In small saucepan, mix all ingredients and set over medium heat.
2. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until apples and onions are softened.
3. Keep warm in a separate dish.
4 Bone-in Pork Loin chops, about 1″ thick
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium high
2. Rub each chop with a small amount of oil, then season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Grill chops for 3-4 minutes per side or until a medium degree of doneness (about 145 degrees)
4. Remove from grill and set on plate for 5 minutes to rest.
5. Serve chops with a dollop of apple compote on top and a side of apple.
COMING SOON: FIlet Mignon and Sweet Pepper Skewers
Filet Mignon and Sweet Pepper Skewers
These mouth-watering meat treats feature tender filet mignon threaded onto a bamboo skewer and topped with a gently marinated mushroom cap.
Perfect on the grill!